Wednesday 1 April 2009

WINE

Didnt go fishing - Sams number had smudged in me sleep. Dont think I'd trust those two lads sober!!

At Midday we'd booked onto a winery tour. We visited 3 wineries and a cheesery which was proper mint. Saw all the Vinyards which are being harvested at the minute so all the vines are bursting with fruit. Saw the processing side of it which was canny interesting - pretty simple, possibly not as intricate as making beer. Best part was each place we visited we got to sample their wares.

I could get into wine drinking and tasting but there's too many inconsistancies in wine for me!! With beer you can taste a stout, a bitter, a wheat beer, a larger and tell the differnce between the type but then appreciated the differences between say, two bitters from different breweries. With wine there are too many different types and vinyards to understand!!! Two Savigon Blancs from differnt vinyards taste totally different to me but a savignon blanc and a chardonay could be the same wine. It probably my untrained taste buds like, but I'd like to get into it. Really enjoyed the day. There were a couple wine buffs, younger than us, in the group who were giving it ' I prefer Malbourogh Savignon Blancs over these Hawks bay Savvys' All I knew is that it tasted good and I guess thats all that matters really. I bet wine drinking would be more popular if people were less snobby about it and took it less seriously! At the end of the day its just a drink, there to be drunk and enjoyed.

Give me half a bottle of Blue Nun and we'll call it even!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment