Saturday 25 April 2009

DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO SAN JOSE?

Off to Yosemite national park today for a few days. Drove a little out of the way so we could go via San Jose. I only wanted to go so I could say I'd been because of that song. I had to convince Heather taht the detour was worth it, dont think she's a big fan of Bacharach! The sat nav took us to the centre of San Jose which was a car park but I officially know the way to San Jose and thats all I wanted out of the 100 mile detour!!!!!!

Got back on the correct road to Yosemite. Drove on a 7 lane highway. 7 lanes man, on both sides on the road so that makes it 14 across, dont you think thats a bit excesive!! I guess we are near San Francisco but I bet they rarely use all 14 lanes!!

En route we saw what must have been the biggest lorries on earth. You know them big chunky cabs that look typically American, proper hardcore trucks. It was like being followed by Optimus Prime. I cant imagine an Eddy Stobbard having a go at Megatron like!!!

Got to the entrance to the Yosemite National Park and got loads of maps and that. You have to lock up all your food in Bear lockers as there are Black Bears here that come looking for food, Also they've got Mountain Lions. They saw if you're attacked by one to fight back! Imagine that? Fighting a blumming Mountain Lion?

Started seeing snow on the ground as we got higher into the park. Strange as its red hot, 85 degree F.

Yosemite Valley is amzing man, I reckon its the most amazing place on earth!! Drove passed El CApitan, Half Dome and Yosemite falls - all pretty spectacular!!

We're staying in a canvas tent for 3 nights in a campsite in Curry village set inbetween massive Redwoods - Its proper class, making me feel like a kid again, feels like proper camp America. And with the risk of being eaten by some wild aminal, it makes it pretty exciting to be here.

Went for some beers in Curry Village which was a mistake, as eventually I had to break the seal and was going for a wee every 1/2 a pint. The nearest toilet to the tent is a walked in the dark away. So with the Bears about I'm trying to fashion some kind of chamber pot!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment