Wednesday 1 April 2009

PICTON

Nowt much to report on today. Just drove from Montueka to Picton where we'll get the ferry to the North Island tomorrow.

We had the choice of going a short distance on a yellow road (minor road) or a much longer distance on a red road (major road) We went for the short yellow road and regretted the decision all the way to Picton.

Always go Red!!! Always!!! When you buy tomatoes you buy red ones not yellow ones!! Same with peppers! You know where you stand with red stuff! A yellow traffic light, do I slow down or speed up. A red traffic light I stop, its safe, you can trust it!!! Always go with red roads, Dorothy chose a yellow road and look what happened with her, she ended up killing two women. If I fell down and cut me self and red stuff comes out, I'm happy in the knowledge my body is working and its just blood. If yellow stuff comes out either I've got a bad blood disease or I'm Ming the Mercyless (or was that green blood) See!!!! confusion already. Always go red!!!!!!!!!

The yellow road was an hour and a hlafs worth of consecutive hairpin bends, apart from making us feel a bit ill, it gave the feeling that you were skiing in a car and made me feel a bit reckless!!! Got there eventually and Picton was spinning!!!!!

Checked into Tombstone hostel, named after the graveyard it sits in!!!! The doors where coffin chaped and the keys had skulls on them. I hope I dont see any red stuff tonight!!

Seriously though, this is probably the best hostel we've stayed in, incredibly friendly, laid back, tele rooms, pool tables, spa's and not over busy. Quality!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment